Farmicia ****
Friday, January 30th, 2009
Farmicia
15 S. 3rd St, Philadelphia, PA
Went for a restaurant week dinner with 3 of my friends last week in Philadelphia. We booked Farmacia which seemed like a good choice - located in Old City the place had a nice decor and served contemporary American cuisine.

We got to the restaurant, they had our table waiting for us, perfect. A bit close to the door, which caused some draftiness, we were seated right by the big front windows. The pre-fixe menu was $35 and included 3 courses.
For appetizer I had the Maryland lump crab cake served with a lemon-chive aioli and sprinkled with finely chopped and fried potato slivers. Sublime.
For a main course I took the tuna, medium-rare, which they served with pan roasted new potato and string beans.
For dessert I had the double chocolate torte with chocolate ice cream. Liked it but I think plain vanilla ice cream would have been the more elegant choice.
Since half of our table had to work the following morning at 7 AM we didn't get to order any wine. So I drank a couple of pints of their PA white ale which was excellent. Don't remember the brand, otherwise I would have recommended it.
Check was $45 per person including drinks and tip. Philly restaurant week, well done!
Farmicia
15 S. 3rd St, Philadelphia, PA
Went for a restaurant week dinner with 3 of my friends last week in Philadelphia. We booked Farmacia which seemed like a good choice - located in Old City the place had a nice decor and served contemporary American cuisine.

We got to the restaurant, they had our table waiting for us, perfect. A bit close to the door, which caused some draftiness, we were seated right by the big front windows. The pre-fixe menu was $35 and included 3 courses.
For appetizer I had the Maryland lump crab cake served with a lemon-chive aioli and sprinkled with finely chopped and fried potato slivers. Sublime.
For a main course I took the tuna, medium-rare, which they served with pan roasted new potato and string beans.
For dessert I had the double chocolate torte with chocolate ice cream. Liked it but I think plain vanilla ice cream would have been the more elegant choice.
Since half of our table had to work the following morning at 7 AM we didn't get to order any wine. So I drank a couple of pints of their PA white ale which was excellent. Don't remember the brand, otherwise I would have recommended it.
Check was $45 per person including drinks and tip. Philly restaurant week, well done!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home